Importing appliance 3D files

msmith964

I download 3D files from appliance websites, import them into Sketch Up and then import the .skp file into CA Pro (V15). Some of the appliances are meant to be inserted into cabinets. It never works. I think I have the CA settings right (but would love confirmation)  but where does the insertion point need to be on the SU model for it to insert properly? Any help is appreciated?

Thanks

Michelle

Looking at an object in Chief that is already setup to work like this will help understand how to configure ones you've imported in.

Placing a dishwasher from the catalog into a plan and opening it, you'll see on the 3D panel there's an Origin Offset that's used to re-position the object so that it sits inside the cabinet it's placed in.

Of course that only does what it's supposed to if on the Options panel its set to Inserts into Cabinet Front.

Edit: Oh, just noticed X13 in your sig, in older versions you have to use Open Symbol, instead of Open Object.

If you're dealing with Imported objects they should be in your User Catalog, you can just right-click them there