Elevations getting clipped -- some edge but not others

TheoryDesign

I often have difficulty with line visibility in Chief. My elevations/cross sections often appear to be cut off on one side or the other, or just the top, or just the bottom. It happens in both plan file & layout files (so not just at the tail end on the drawing sheet). This doesn't seem to be a clip line issue in the plan file, or a boundary box problem in layout file. I've tried adjusting all of the clip settings in the specification box. Any ideas?  

image.thumb.png.149b9c4ac62e189be71349c8affccb46.pngimage.thumb.png.fbbfbe74bf3a59e7cd13c09c21a589cc.pngimage.thumb.png.7fcbf5966aa4bc2fcb1bb1e7e630ee4b.pngimage.thumb.png.165a53a5a8cce3a1e7edf8b623c18d4c.png

You should really post Questions in the Q&A Forum , this Forum is For Tips you want to share with Others....

But make Sure you have CAD Clippings Lines Shown in Elevation , and uncheck all the clipping options and just Clip to To Room 1st, and close the DBX,

which should make Chief find the Wall/Ceiling/Floor Surfaces and then open the DBX again and Uncheck the Clip to Room again and close the DBX again.

(don't enable any clipping options)

Then back in Elevation , use the Clipping line to expose more as needed (or cut off more).

This works for me at least ......

Also when using a Back Clipped Camera, always Pull the Clipping point to the OTHER side of the wall you want to Clip too

other Chief sometimes has issues determining the Surface of the wall which show up as weird triangles in some elevations views,

especially once sent to Layout.

Mick.