Modify Default Deck Railing

SDeckB

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Good morning, I am trying to make my material list as accurate as possible and would like some assitance modifing default deck railing. I'd like to make the middle and bottom rails 3 1/2" wide and make it all treated. Is there a way to do this without creating a new railing? 

1646504831_Screenshot2023-05-19at11_51_25AM.thumb.png.be734752f339ad5ae4549c75cd434fef.png

• Solution

Uncheck "full wall width" and you can make each railing any width you want.

You can change the "rail" materials on the materials page.  Unfortunately, they all have to be the same though.

If you want a middle rail, you need to go to the "rail style" page and select "open with middle rail".

Thank you for that info. I do have that option unchecked and am still unable to adjust the default size of the rail. I'm in the Deck Railing Defaults. I was able to open the stair defaults and make these changes to the railing there but not for my deck railing. 1038398114_Screenshot2023-05-19at1_06_41PM.thumb.png.39e325ef7b55c81b9122cbc4867a90d5.png

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 1.06.41 PM.png

In the picture you show in your first post, look under the rail table and you will see that you have "full wall width" checked.  This option controls the widths that are used for all of the rails.

In your last picture above, "use wall width" only controls the newel posts.