Cabinet Style Palettes-Accessories

Steve_Matlaga

Hello,

Is there a way to save interior accessories/shelf configurations in a cabinet style Palettes? 

If it's not in there,  It seems that this would be a great future addition to the tool set!  
Many times, you will want to simply add your favorite roll out set up to a base cabinet.   It would be lovely to have that option as part of the style palette tools.

I'm hoping I just overlooked it though.  Fingers crossed ;)

Thanks.

Yes and no. Usually are part of the "face configuration" but no since that saves the entire face config. It would be nice to have separate, as would having sides and back separate. But better than a sharp stick in the eye.

• Like 1

Hi Friends.

First, Thank you Mark!  Mucho appreciated.   Agreed on the sides and backs!  Especially, that your beaded inset trick would be a simple click to an existing cabinet.  How cool would that be? :)

Also, two other great Chief folks were kind enough to share some info with me.   

Here's a video from our friend aDesign Build Solutions, LLC    'The white font'  is to honor his cool white glasses, lol. 

and Rabbit Design, who has been instrumental in learning how to manipulate the software to be more efficient to my needs via his tool sets.  (not to mention, just a nice guy in general!). 

42 minutes ago, Steve_Matlaga said:

Especially, that your beaded inset trick would be a simple click to an existing cabinet.

It already works for beaded inset. That's how I've done beaded since we got style palettes; as well a few other oddballs (which do include side adjustment) along with most all cabinets with mods or accessories. All include the object info fields where I keep info for accessories,other mods, and labels. I rarely use SPs for is sides since we can't split them out but I have a few.

Once you get how well they work the worst part is keeping all of them organized in the library :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MarkMc said:

It already works for beaded inset. That's how I've done beaded since we got style palettes; as well a few other oddballs (which do include side adjustment) along with most all cabinets with mods or accessories. All include the object info fields where I keep info for accessories,other mods, and labels. I rarely use SPs for is sides since we can't split them out but I have a few.

Once you get how well they work the worst part is keeping all of them organized in the library :)

Hi

Yes, and I see that you CAN do it, and you are doing it, but the issue is "image.png.b8782e81c06e67fb32183b363bca03ab.png"

It is taking EVERYTHING.   Shelves, (Roll outs)<  Any height to the fronts,  sides, everything under one TAG.    
It should be broken out into Shelves,  Accessories, Sides, Panels.   

As you said also, you'd have a heck of time creating an insane number of style palettes, instead of just being able to simply have an option for the exact parts you need and want!

Am I still missing something?   I 

1 hour ago, Steve_Matlaga said:

Am I still missing something?

No not really unless your are trying to do too much with the SPs. Almost all of my SPs are only set to copy face config and user defined object info fields. There is no need for dimensions on most cabinets. As to accessories, when I was a KD I kept at most half a dozen with specific accessories and a couple with appliances that I used all the time. Many of those did require a specific size for what I used most so included that. But sizing is too easy to change to clutter the library, will start to be like 2020.

Setting the face of the beaded is where the time is but then again those are set so that you can change door style by drag and drop using scoping. Split also works well with them.

Now I have 5 different types of beads and those don't change by drag and drop but 3 of those I never made SPs for. SPs got useful after I stopped being a dealer and very few companies offer those other beads, have not had a call for them but I do have a warehouse plan with them.

The larger issue was keeping 3 brands with 3 lines each. But then again I mostly used 4 lines total.

The way I look at stuff like this, work arounds, is it a net savings in time- I could set each front to also have a left and right finished side but sides are easy- match front, change to custom face, change from door to panel so no SPs for that.  Then how often do I need this (is it worth setting up or just a bee in my bonnet :) Finally is there a different reasonable alternative, or something else- "I want this, program does that, what else does program do that I can use" For instance I asked for independent drag and drop finished sides back in the user panel for X8. Still don't have it and auto finish still does not work properly. So I have an object information field for sides to use in schedules. It's not automatic but it contains every possible side finish code for both left and right. I either just delete all the entries or all but the one I need-faster to delete than type and can do it at just prior to ordering. Worst case is I left them all and get a call from the maker :)

• Upvote 1