Weird X15 glitch Architectural Blocks

amddrafting

When taking two objects, say a framing post and a 3D Solid, I block them together and suddenly the block disappears in the 2D view but not the 3D view.  It is no able to be selected in the 3D view like it's locked.  Of course, first inclination is to check layers to make sure they aren't turned off and/or locked.  Doesn't matter if I turn the "All on" layer set on it still doesn't show up or in 3D view I can unlock all objects and it's still not selectable meaning it cannot be exploded.  This also was confirmed with one of my employees on Friday, while on a video call with him.

I'll be adding a support ticket but just curious if anyone else has been seeing this issue.

Since framing can't go into architectural blocks and 3D solids can't go into cad blocks, I don't think you can do what you are saying you did.

My guess is that you are making a cad block out of framing pieces.  For some crazy reason Chief treats framing like cad instead of like architectural objects.  They won't show up in a camera view unless you explode them.   Chief has worked this way as far back as I can remember.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Since framing can't go into architectural blocks and 3D solids can't go into cad blocks, I don't think you can do what you are saying you did.

My guess is that you are making a cad block out of framing pieces.  For some crazy reason Chief treats framing like cad instead of like architectural objects.  They won't show up in a camera view unless you explode them.   Chief has worked this way as far back as I can remember.

To be specific it was a "Post" from framing and a "Slab" footing that my employee blocked.  I had blocked general framing objects that I used to build a truss and wanted to temporarily block them so I could move them into place all at once.

Very strange indeed.  Both framing and slabs can only go into a cad block which is only supposed to be a 2d object.  The slab will show up in a camera view though and the framing won't. 

Seems very inconsistent, so probably worth reporting to Chief.  

Would be nice if anything that showed up in a camera view would also be able to go into an architectural block.