Removing casing between empty door and open window

MONACO

Hi, I'm trying to model a door and window opening, but I need help removing the casing between the door and the window, making it look like there's a column between the two, and that's, 's not the case. Do you know how I can fix this? I've attached the model I have created and what the existing remodelling looks like. Thank you

Screenshot 2023-03-21 085031.png

IMG_5764.jpg

That sounds like a good solution, but how do I do that? Adding the half wall into the doorway. Cause it sounds like half the doorway is a half wall, but I'm new to the application and not sure how to make that happen

I don't think you can model that situation accurately in Chief using only architectural object tools. You can get close using the architectural tools, but if you want the 3D to be 100% accurate you'll have to use some of the general purpose modeling tools (3D solids, symbols, molding polylines, etc.) as @ericepv mentioned.

4 hours ago, MONACO said:

but I need help removing the casing between the door and the window, making it look like there's a column

The column is more than just the casing. There is also the door and window frames/jambs, and part of the wall.

• If you need a frame, you'll have to remove it from the door and window and add one using a 3D molding polyline.
  • You can remove the small section of wall by putting the door and window 0" apart. This will also prevent a mullion from generating when manually mulling the window and door.
  • You can get the casing to not go between the window and door by manually mulling them together.
    • This will remove the flooring, which can be added back using any of the general purpose modeling tools. This is a bug that will hopefully be fixed in the upcoming official release of X15.
  • The wall cap on the half wall can be added using any of the general purpose modeling tools.

3 hours ago, ericepv said:

Rather than trying to create the opening with a window or pass thru, make your doorway the full width and then add a half wall with a cap.

That's a good way to build it, but modeling it that way in Chief won't work well if at all.

This is without using the general purpose modeling tools.

image.thumb.png.c610b7ac1d3029a45363bf5f4d1d21ff.png

DoorAndWindowPassThrough.plan