PDF editing software rehash

madcowscarnival

Hey all.  Last year I contributed to this thread (33086) in my support of PDF Architect.  If I could keep Version 8 it would still be great.  They forced an upgrade to version 9 (had no ability to stop the upgrade) and quite unfortunately it is now awful for my uses (basic line drawing, occasional dimensioning, adding and editing text (at different size and fonts).  I've been in contact with their support, did their suggestions (fully remove, reinstall, etc.) but it is not resolving my issues.  I think it's something as simple as what I used it for is not their main customer base.

So, I revisited the old thread, a number of folks suggested TurboPDF v4.  I'm trying to get a trial version, but in the meantime wanted to ask specifically here:

The folks that use it and like it, do you make basic shape markups (think if someone brought in a hand drawn scan, could you markup to show potential beam locations, dimensions, leader arrows etc.)?  On a created PDF (as opposed to scanned in or "print to") can it edit text in the document? 

I know Bluebeam is a comprehensive program, but its OTT for my needs.  A couple others sound good, but TurboPDF seemed to be the most frequently mentioned.

Thanks all.

Alaskan Son, thank you.  I did see your recommendation on that in the old thread.  Went ahead and downloaded and tried out.  Its a good program and seems to suit my needs.  Still waiting on TurboPDF to send me a working trial download link, but now I at least know I have good options in lieu of PDF Architect.