Any suggestions on how to get rid of the lag I've got going on in my plan file.

CCMckeeHomes11

My plan file is getting about a 20-30 second lag when given a command.  If I add a dimension or move the dimension line it takes 20-30 seconds to populate.  All other programs are running fine even the layout file is working fine.  I've closed down all the layers other than the one I'm working on and still giving me a fit.

1 hour ago, CCMckeeHomes11 said:

My plan file is getting about a 20-30 second lag when given a command.  If I add a dimension or move the dimension line it takes 20-30 seconds to populate.  All other programs are running fine even the layout file is working fine.  I've closed down all the layers other than the one I'm working on and still giving me a fit.

So MANY variables in that question.  Impossible not to answer without a copy of your plan and your computer and software specifications.  You can help us all help you by adding that info in your forum signature line in case it is a hardware or known software issue.  

Common issues that cause lag:

Imported Library items/symbols

Quantity of 3d symbols in the plan

Size of terrain and other issues

Autoframing on large plans

Framing labels on large plans

Having the 3d model a long distance from 0,0 point in the plan file.

and on and on.  Share your plan file and someone may be able to help you with the issue.