Wall Definition - Copy / Paste Material

JKEdmo

Quick question -

I wanted to know if there is a way to bring over a whole layer definition from an existing wall when I am building a new wall type?

For example, if I want my "lap siding" from another wall -- complete with pattern, texture, fill and thickness -- can I say copy/paste it into the new wall type?

The reason I ask is Autocad Architecture (my basis of reference) allows this and I was hoping Chief does too.  It is a bit of a time saver.

Thanks again,

Jim

image.thumb.png.c6e800a4729dce9c8b4cd44f41b5931f.png

You could open wall type definition and copy the wall there. If you've changed pattern, texture, fill etc on the layer its best to save that material definition under a new name when you create it. For example cream siding > in plan materials > copy edit and rename new...hope that makes sense

4 minutes ago, richoffan said:

692946064_Screenshot2022-12-302113281.thumb.jpg.27cf6d2895cbf2aed1e8e1a6185f6382.jpg1765307676_Screenshot2022-12-302114392.thumb.jpg.c675f97d4d98df50352d0348a9b45e19.jpg

Rich,  I think that's what I already do.  But, I found I needed to manually input some of the new materials from my wall in order to exactly match same materials in existing walls.

Jim

5 minutes ago, solver said:

Nope.

See the buttons at the top of the wall definition dialog. Often quickest to copy the wall and then make changes.

You can also simply select a new material but the fill will not automatically populate.

That's what I figured.  Do you think this a feature people want, or is it easy enough to just deal with it?

Jim