Warning Error Popping Up

AzjahGreen

1 minute ago, solver said:

Switch to plan view.

Move any wall and the program will show you where the problem is. You may need to check multiple floors.

I am currently in working plan view, i have tried turning on all layers as well as checked the different floors. Not sure why its still not showing. I know that it is a hole but that is all i know given that this plan was given to me to correct.

thanks

One way to find things like this is to turn off all layers and then turn on each layer one at a time.  Since ceiling/platform holes will normally be put on your cad default layer, I would start with just turning on that layer to see if you can find it.

The other thing you can do is post your plan (or a link to it) on this forum.  One of the more experiences users will probably be able to find it pretty quickly.  And if you are lucky, they will tell you how they did so that you will learn a trick or two.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 8:00 PM, DBCooper said:

One way to find things like this is to turn off all layers and then turn on each layer one at a time.  Since ceiling/platform holes will normally be put on your cad default layer, I would start with just turning on that layer to see if you can find it.

The other thing you can do is post your plan (or a link to it) on this forum.  One of the more experiences users will probably be able to find it pretty quickly.  And if you are lucky, they will tell you how they did so that you will learn a trick or two.

image.thumb.png.0924315f09194a7889401d3467657d0b.pngI see the issue is here where the circle is placed. The issue is though when i click okay, it dissapears and i cant find it again on any of the layers, even when i turn on all layers

Did you make the "open below" room by changing the room type to open below or did you place a hole in the floor/ceiling?

Might also want to check either the floor below or floor above.

Again, if you want anything other than a semi-random guess, you should post the plan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Did you make the "open below" room by changing the room type to open below or did you place a hole in the floor/ceiling?

Might also want to check either the floor below or floor above.

Again, if you want anything other than a semi-random guess, you should post the plan.

Here are the files, thanks for the help by the way!

00216-01 Base Plan FILES.dwg

• 2 weeks later...

I opened your plan.  I turned off the reference display.  I clicked in the middle of the open below room (but not on the room label).  The status bar showed that I selected a "ceiling platform hole" so I deleted it.  When I did, I got the message again.  So I clicked in the room again and this time I got a "hole in floor" according to the status bar.  I deleted that and the message went away.

As far as I can tell, you don't need the holes that were causing the error messages.  I assume that you made them at some time, maybe before you made the room "open below".  I don't know if there is any way for the program to create them automatically and I have never seen that happen.

Cute house, BTW, but I think that driveway is going to be a bit rough.  :)

fun driveway.png

On 1/10/2023 at 5:04 PM, DBCooper said:

I opened your plan.  I turned off the reference display.  I clicked in the middle of the open below room (but not on the room label).  The status bar showed that I selected a "ceiling platform hole" so I deleted it.  When I did, I got the message again.  So I clicked in the room again and this time I got a "hole in floor" according to the status bar.  I deleted that and the message went away.

As far as I can tell, you don't need the holes that were causing the error messages.  I assume that you made them at some time, maybe before you made the room "open below".  I don't know if there is any way for the program to create them automatically and I have never seen that happen.

Cute house, BTW, but I think that driveway is going to be a bit rough.  :)

fun driveway.png

loll i agree, i cant figure out how to get it how i want it, any recommendations? Also, this is a plan that was sent over by a partner, ill let them know :P and thank you! 

i cant figure out how to get it how i want it, any recommendations?

How do you want it?  You could try the driveway tool.  It has the advantage of following your terrain without as much fussing as something like a poly solid.  Assuming that you want something more decorative, you could try using multiple-connected driveway segments with different materials.  A picture of what you are trying to model would help people make better suggestions.