Preventing Automatic Wall Cleanup

Opelsauce

Greetings,

I am having a problem properly showing a condition where new foundation wall construction abuts existing foundation walls.

Chief (of course) wants to force the wall intersection to clean up, but I have been unable to adjust materials to show where the new brick kneewall stops adjacent to the corner of the existing foundation wall using the wall intersection tool. image.png.61276cf38b1b18a71b21a7541fb3b32f.png 

I would greatly appreciate any insight on how / if I can prevent Chief from joining the wall together or at least how to get the materials to display appropriately.

This is what Chief wants to show:                                                                  This is how I want it to display:

image.thumb.png.a11f52362aa5afffc6aa4ca387189286.png                   image.thumb.png.90a061bd30352d5436b02bbc7a0da8d7.png 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mark Thompson

Sunnyfields Cabinetry

Chief Architect Premier X14

Windows 10

Thanks Glenn, I tried using a room divider run vertically as a short portion of the wall but that did not work as hoped.  I gave your suggestion a try and while not perfect, it yields a very acceptable result after fiddling with the Wall Layer Intersection tool.  I turned off Walls, Invisible layer so the dashed line for room divider didn't show which has no obvious negative impact on other areas of the plan.

image.thumb.png.055c4d1c04ecbf02c31f21677bf9e521.png  

Thank you, thank you, thank you Glenn for your help.  After using another CAD software for nearly 30 years (not AutoCAD thank God), I am pretty picky about the plan graphics portraying the design condition as clearly as possible.

I would've been happy to post the plan but the file is huge, around 80mb, even though I edited it down to less than 1,000 sq.ft. (the designers here load up all kind of content into our projects).  I spent a few minutes deleting extraneous areas of the plan and some complex fixtures, but it did not reduce the file size all that much.  Any hints on how to cleanup a plan to minimize content for future postings would be appreciated.

Mark Thompson
Using Chief Since March 2022, So Lots To Learn

Chief Architect Premier X14 - Windows 10 - Intel Xeon W-2245 w/ 32GB RAM & Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 (1GB)

• Upvote 1