Pony Wall Affecting Wall Paint - Chief X14

tbattistessa

Hi! Hoping someone can shed some light on my issue.  I'm trying to create a pony wall (or furred wall) to insert plumbing into and provide a shelf. However, every time I bump the pony wall against the left-hand wall, it impacts my ability to apply paint. If I remove that pony wall that is under the window, then it fixes my paint issue.  I have reset the wall material to the default drywall and made sure there is no wall covering, but still is will not let me paint this section of the wall. You can see the two different tones in my image, where the top section of the wall added for the vaulted roof is painted and the bottom section of the wall is not.  It will not allow me to paint the bottom section.  Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

image.thumb.png.97155efdc5eadc12d24336ed28e4a5d1.png

The best thing would be to post the plan...

I probably would not make the wall with the tub fixtures part of a pony wall. Why not just use a solid "railing" wall? You can put a cap on a railing wall. You could even create a wall type for the solid railing wall that had the tile on it. A railing wall allows you to set the height. 

On the structure tab of the railing wall make sure you set it as a "furred" wall...so you don't get a tiny room in between your exterior wall and the new railing wall.