Chief Architect Premier x13: Is it possible to use Physically Based Camera view without the live ray trace?

bdmoh1

In your preferences, under "render", you can uncheck "enable gpu raytracing".  I don't have a video card that supports it so my option is always disabled.

You might also be able to turn it off in the "render technique options", for either the camera or in the render technique defaults for all cameras.  There is an option under "global illumination" to turn off ray tracing but I don't know if this works the same as turning it off in your preferences.  This option is also disabled for me.

There is more info in the help under "gpu raytracing".

To be honest, if your card supports it, I don't know why you would want to turn it off.  From the pictures I have seen, you should be able to get much nicer views.

Thank you so much! I found it.

In some rooms where there is no sunlight, only internal lights, the render without ray trace is very close to the result with ray trace on, (especially in smaller rooms). So with ray trace live on, the laptop is noisier and the view keeps refreshing with every click, so turning it off temporarily is useful sometimes.