Roof assistance - raised skylight with smile windows x14

JenCKBD

20 minutes ago, JenCKBD said:

I am working with X14. 

Thank you for including this information BTW that is very helpful in getting your answer.  Just a tip as you can see many include this information as well as some system specs in their signature line so the other users can see it and it save you time typing it out each time you need answer.  Welcome to the forums.  There are lots of great users here that will for sure be able to help you get your questions answered once we are clear of what you are looking for.

I am on a laptop: Windows 11
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display
  Yes, it I supposed it is probably best described as a dormer. Client wants it to sit on the top of the roof, as a typical skylight would.  this is a view showing a skylight in the area the dormer is to go.  the roof of the dormer would match the angle of the roof with windows on the sides to allow natural light down to the living space.

overhead with skylight.jpg

1 minute ago, JenCKBD said:

Yes, it I supposed it is probably best described as a dormer. Client wants it to sit on the top of the roof, as a typical skylight would.  this is a view showing a skylight in the area the dormer is to go.  the roof of the dormer would match the angle of the roof with windows on the sides to allow natural light down to the living space.

overhead with skylight.jpg

Looks like it may be pretty hard to support that dormer but that is probably a question for a PE or at least the contractor who is going to do the work and will require a visit into the attic to see the existing conditions.  For Chief and doing a dormer it is one of the more challenging things to do but this search of the dormer videos should help get you going as there are lots of good videos on it.  There are some additional ones on youtube from some of the power users but I always recommend starting with the chief ones.    https://www.chiefarchitect.com/search/?default_tab=video&q=dormer&page=1

7 minutes ago, JenCKBD said:

Thanks for this info.  It is very important when you are having an issue with the software to have that information.  Again to help you not have to type it all out you may find this article helpful.