Misalignment in Vector Views and printing

ksolid

Go to solution Solved by ksolid,

A vector view (live view) in layout will become misaligned by 6" or more when refreshed. It can be fixed by zooming into the view before refreshing - however, this problem happens when printing and you can't zoom in the print-preview window to help it re-allign. This view problem is printed with the PDF or paper-printer. The problem misaligns dimensions and walls on elevation or section views as if they are on two layers that shifted independent from each other. In the attached pictures, notice how the roof peak is not aligned, and it shows 2.

I have the same problem with Plot Line view IF i select add color. The issue seems to be between the coloring and the vector lines not matching up.

Yes, I know it will "refresh" before printing... however, this is after refreshing, so this error is in the printed documents, PDF or printer.

Also, it comes and goes... a few hours ago I printed a set just fine... now not.

Roof.png

Misaligned Bathroom.png

Good Bathroom.png

Thank you for posting that here.  First of all it would be important to get that plan and layout file to tech support.

Then if someone here is going to be able to help they would need to know what version you are using and in this case the specific update # might come into play.

5 hours ago, ksolid said:

It turns out that I had a 1/4 mile by 1/4 mile polyline solid hanging out on my plan that was causing problems. I must have drawn it by mistake.

Good work.   That could definitely cause issues.