How to push updated 'components' for object from Library Browser into Plan?

pattyw

I have some objects I made.  I then added and updated some components in the base object by right clicking on the object in the library and editing through the components tab of that dialog.

Can I push these changes out to all instances of that object in my plan?

Thank You.  So many toolbars in different places.  I had to right click on the toolbar and turn that toolbar on/off to figure out which one it was.

So now I do see that has some "Library Object Painter" icons. Found "Replace From Library" in help. 

All the icons are initially disabled except for the lat one to toggle mode. So I click that one, and then they all enabled and it's default to plan mode.

It documents a "Component Mode" but that is the one icon I don't see but says it's the default, but then says replaces a single instance.

I tried plan mode, but that changes the entire object for every instance on the plan.  I just want to update the components of the object for all that are in the plan.  I don't want to completely replace the object with the one from the library as the dimensions may have changed.

53 minutes ago, pattyw said:

I just want to update the components of the object for all that are in the plan.  I don't want to completely replace the object with the one from the library as the dimensions may have changed.

For some (if not all) objects, there is no easy way to transfer information from the Components tab to another similar object in the plan.

Likewise, for some (but not all) types of objects, information entered into the Object Information Panel of a library object will be lost when placing the object into the plan.