Join the Chief Challenge!

ChiefArchitect

The Chief Architect Challenge is a fun exercise designed to test your skills and encourage learning. See how many design elements you can recreate in 10 minutes – a layout page is not required. We recommend starting from the default template file and spend 10 minutes on the design. If you are using a custom template, no problem, be sure to clear out your time tracker entries before beginning. Each Chief Challenge has a corresponding library file (linked below) that will help you complete the design. Please download and import it before you begin. Chief Architect staff will judge the entries – architectural elements are more important than colors & materials.

764298499_ChiefChallenge.thumb.jpg.3bc4d8d2d55f9ab6049e69c37a73303e.jpg

Chief Architect will host a live webinar each week showing how to create the design in 10 minutes, and a winner will be announced. Each Chief Challenge winner will receive a limited edition Chief Gear kit.

We look forward to seeing your work!

Chief-Gear-FBHL.thumb.PNG.cbf17f65fafca400fa4dcba8aae82ff3.PNG

Learn about the Challenges and how to submit your entry on the ChiefBlog.

Download Libraries

Schedule

September 29th at 12 PM PDT:  Bath Vanity, "All the Vanity"

October 6th at 12 PM PDT:   "Mailbox"

October 13th at 12 PM PDT: Kitchen Island, "Round the Island"

October 20th at 12 PM PDT: "She Shed"

October 27th at 12 PM PDT: "Dawg House"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for your question. It is not required to have the X14 version to participate in the challenge.

The catalogs for these challenges will contain items such as materials, accessories, fixtures, hardware, etc. however it is not required to use the catalog to submit an entry. Architectural elements are more important than colors & materials.

Let us know if you have any questions!

It’s a bit too late for me on this one, but in general, for these challenges, should we open the plan and start the clock before we start studying the drawing provided or can we formulate a plan and then start the clock? I know I can typically cut my modeling time in half (or better) if I spend a little while thinking about it and planning out my approach in advance.