Glass Cabinet PBR Shadow issue / transparent material issue

AndyBanks

Hey all!

I've searched for anything related to this topic and have come up short so time to ask the pros. When rendering a kitchen using PBR, I'm getting two odd behaviors I can't seem to correct. The first is a splotchy shadow effect inside the cabinet shown in the first image, the second issue is setting the side walls of cabinets to be fully transparent. No matter what I do I keep ending up with the walls shadowed or extremely dark when viewing from the exterior of the cabinet, not sure if this has to do with the light rendering between multiple layers of a transparent material or not. Any tips would be welcome or the nuclear option is drawing the cabinet set in Fusion and importing it as a solid symbol. The goal is to have no vertical break between the cabinets, so the shelf is a continuous run down the wall length.

Using X14 interiors, rendering with a RTX3090, latest drivers. 

Thanks,

Andy

Screenshot (741).png

Screenshot (740).png

Screenshot (742).png

image.thumb.png.1b43b3ae266311c0a917f002987fcbb2.png

Well

1 hour ago, AndyBanks said:

so prepare for insanity when you see the outside.

Well the way you're doing cabinets doesn't help either.

In attached- copied cabs from your plan then fixed a few defaults and construction- more to do but nor by me. Would have been easier from scratch.

•  the cabinet sides that you don't want to see "NONE"
  • used framed cabinets and learn how to manipulate them
  • use a material for the cabinet box and NONE when you want it to go away
  • Corner cabinets are made from a single cabinet- now chief does some naughty things with corner cabinets so you may have to go back to using more than one depending on what you want.
  • Can use a custom symbol for shelves (or you appear to really like solids but I would learn about symbols for things like that and for doors)
  • also deleted unused layers, purged unused plan materials, and merged duplicate plan materials.
  • Might want to learn how to adjust materials texture without painting all the time as that can cause problems.
  • Here is what a stripped plan looks like (I rarely am willing to download,in particular from Gigooglo)

Cabinets.zip