Need help with gable/attic walls

OldBarnDesign

Howdy,

I've been monkeying around with this issue for many hours trying to figure out what magic is needed to get it to work. Found a couple of related posts on the forum but I haven't gotten there yet.

So I have a gabled manual roof that needs a rake wall and I just can't get it to build. Ultimately I think the issue is that this rake wall doesn't sit on any wall in the house. I've tried creating attic walls, but I can't get those walls to extend down past the 2nd floor ceiling and close up the gaps below (except somehow I did it in the kid's bedroom by following a trick I found on a forum post, but for some reason didn't translate to other walls??) Attached is the plan and screenshots. The construction line shown in the plan images (one image is the 2nd floor, the other is the attic) is where I need the rake wall to sit. You can see it cuts through unfinished space, a bathroom, and a bedroom. Thanks in advance!

Cody

Bath view.jpg

BedroomView.jpg

2ndFloorPlan.jpg

PlanView.jpg

Live Oak Farmhouse.zip

RakeWall.jpg

After hours of gnashing of teeth. I was able to get it, with a bit of a hack. Today I learned that in order for the roof cut the wall at the bottom the entire wall must be under the roof plane. I also had to insert attic walls on the second floor. The hack was to make a special wall definition where the attic wall in the bathroom was 3/16" thinner than my wall definition. I don't know why I had to do this, but my guess was that there is something else causing the problem that I couldn't track down. The solution is still not perfect because the ceiling doesn't join the wall all the way in the bathroom. You can see a little OSB. It's fine, I don't plan on doing some showcase rendering of this kids' bathroom anyways.

2ndFloorWalls.jpg

Finally.jpg

Bathroom.jpg