Improve this symbol if possible: Nelson flying saucer pendant

GeneDavis

I tried this in the General Q and A and got no bites, so I will try it here where it belongs, where we discuss and present symbol stuff.

My file is attached.  The fixture is one I got from the 3D Warehouse long ago, and it is not there now, but I had it in my archives.  It is a better model than the one I placed in the thread in Q and A.  It this one, the skin of the lamp is nicely done to emulate the stretching over the ribs and the belly-ing between, as exists in the real fixture.  I love midcentury modern, and these Nelson bubbles are perfect fixtures for classically-done MCM interiors.

The lamp has materials assigned to each element so it is all controllable.  What has to be studied and worked on some more, I think, is the skin, with its properties of sheen, translucency, and emissivity to light it up the way the for-real lamps do when the big white globe lamp inside is lit.  As can be seen when you examine my model, I tried to do this with lights assigned both to the fixture, and lights placed around outside the fixture.

If you are a lighting tinkerer, I would like to see what you can do with this.  Thanks.

Attached is the file, plus two screencaps of renders, one done with RTRT, the other (better) with CPU RT.

I also attached a photo of one in a room.  Note how the fixture's skin has translucency to exibit the ribs showing through.  I'd like to get there.

2022-05-31 15_15_07-Chief Architect Premier X14.png

2022-05-31 15_15_30-Chief Architect Premier X14.png

2022-04-25 10_12_01-Window.png

Nelson saucer.zip