Roof Ridge Skylight

Emilios8

Hello Gang;

I have a project that I'm trying to create a roof ridge skylight but to no avail, the closest I came was to build a ridge mounted skylight in SketchUp and then import the model, but of course it doesn't create a hole in the roof or the ceiling, it just sits there. Has anyone had an opportunity to try to build this sort of Skylight in Chief? Is there a way around it without having to do the ole' SketchUp trick? Is there a way to customize a skylight in Chief to achieve this type of result? Please let me know, I've been racking my brain for days.

4 hours ago, Emilios8 said:

Hello Gang;

I have a project that I'm trying to create a roof ridge skylight but to no avail, the closest I came was to build a ridge mounted skylight in SketchUp and then import the model, but of course it doesn't create a hole in the roof or the ceiling, it just sits there. Has anyone had an opportunity to try to build this sort of Skylight in Chief? Is there a way around it without having to do the ole' SketchUp trick? Is there a way to customize a skylight in Chief to achieve this type of result? Please let me know, I've been racking my brain for days.

Best to ask in q+ A as mentioned ....

but with a bit of Material etc reconfiguring you can use Roof Planes to simulate a Skylight  along with some polyline Solids drawn in elevation

to fill the Holes in the other Roof plans and make the "curb" of a normal Skylight.

Normal Skylights can be push "almost" together at the Ridge as well (1/16th gap)

image.thumb.png.51cba887ff4f833cdf77ea958c5bccc3.png  image.thumb.png.b4da267a4397924c86b8f3e6a12281e1.png image.thumb.png.2da95a3fe9b7d6a8d217df1e43f834c1.png  image.thumb.png.9338549b207753e7130c99d4f392ac08.png