Window needed

NRST8TRKR

Go to solution Solved by NRST8TRKR,

Fellow Chief users,

I have made this from a fixed pane window. It matches the roof above. But---I need the same thing to match a roof below. Long side on left and down to point on right. Been fighting this for hours. If someone could give me some guidance on this or if you could make one (I would be glad to pay). Thank you for your time and trouble.

Have a great Day, Ken

Window=Match roof.png

Hi Ken, here is the window you requested.  I tried to get it as close to your measurements but without going beyond 6' wide and keeping it at the 4 pitch it ended up being 28" tall.  Heres the plan with the window so you can adjust it to your needs. Hope this helps.:)

Window.plan

• Upvote 1

Ken, no problem your welcome was glad I could help. Everyone on Chieftalk always helps me and then helps everyone before I can get to it. So you were the first time in my history of being on chief talk I was the first one to help so I was excited about that. 

I made the window from scratch. Just a quick description on how I did it …. Made the window a fixed window for the size you were looking for 6’ x 31”. Then I clicked on “shape” lowered the one side of the window.  I then build a gable roof  and set it at 4/12. I then clicked the window dbx “match roof slope” and the window auto measured to match the roof pitch. 

So glad I was able to help. Good luck on your project and have a great day!

Thanks for the response,

I really would appreciate your assistance with this. wasted hslf the day yesterday trying to turn the original then tried to make one from scratch. That didn't go anywhere'

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Ken

Reed Window.png

Hey Ken

I don't know if what I'm about to offer helps any at all but I copied the original window, made the adjustments, then put it in place. Here are some screenshots showing changes to specifications. Now if the roof pitches were different (for some reason) then I would have probably placed a window under the roofline, matched pitch then copy, adjust, place and delete the original. If it helps glad it did, if not....well it was worth a try. 

Original Window.jpg

Adjusted Window.jpg

• Upvote 1

Eric,

I thought I had tried all the possibilities, but I missed something. It worked the first time with your instructions and screen shots. I am grateful.

Thank you for your time and knowledge, Ken

10 hours ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Thank you for your time and knowledge, Ken

Ken

Glad it helped! I don't know about the knowledge part of your comment (lol) but as far as the time goes....I'm just paying it forward.

Have a great weekend