Manually Drawing waffle foundation footings (Beams)

georg102

Currently, to get a foundation beam/footing, I draw a wall and ensure the foundation wall specification check box is checked. In Houston, we are using waffle foundation footings. In addition to the exterior foundation footing/beams, we are building interior foundation footings/beams not necessarily under a wall. 

I need to manually draw waffle foundation/footings using foundation walls without the walls showing up above grade level messing up my plan.. However, I'm unable to control the height and wall elevation from 0  unless I go to an elevation or 3d and grab the top of the wall to bring it down.  Please don't tell me this is a manual process and I have to use polyline solids. 

Thank you for your help. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 12.43.41 PM.png

• georg102 changed the title to Manually Drawing waffle foundation footings (Beams)
6 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes keep going.  It looks like your slab footings are a little narrower than mine but that is just defaults.  Get them connected and create your grid.

So are you using slab holes with footings? 

1 minute ago, georg102 said:

Did  the exact same thing but I don't want the footings to go above grade level. 

They should not do that if you are drawing Slab Footings on the foundation level of a Mono Slab ?