Casing Around Pass-Through Door Opening

tbattistessa

Hi All! I'm new to Chief Architect and for the life of me cannot figure out how I get casing around my pass-through door opening.  I started with putting a door opening in and then a window pass through.  But now I want casing around the entire opening and cannot figure out how to do that.  If I turn casings back on, then it puts the casing on them separately.  If I try a polyline solid 3D molding, my molding jumps to the far back slider and I cannot move it into the correct location.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

pass through doorway casing.jpg

Pass Through Doorway.jpg

What you want is the two windows/doors to mull together. This can be accomplished in two ways:

• Door and windows that are close together and have the same bottom elevation will automatically mull.
  • You can also select multiple doors and windows and manually mull them.

See this link for more information: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00525/creating-a-mulled-window-and-door-unit.html.

It is often hard to know exactly what is wrong from an image. It is helpful when you post a simplified version of the plan along with an image. Specifically, along with the casing not joining, the room molding is cut too short. I tried to figure out why, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

Also FYI

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tbattistessa said:

Hi All! I'm new to Chief Architect and for the life of me cannot figure out how I get casing around my pass-through door opening.  I started with putting a door opening in and then a window pass through.  But now I want casing around the entire opening and cannot figure out how to do that.  If I turn casings back on, then it puts the casing on them separately.  If I try a polyline solid 3D molding, my molding jumps to the far back slider and I cannot move it into the correct location.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

pass through doorway casing.jpg

Pass Through Doorway.jpg

1 hour ago, JacobB said:

What you want is the two windows/doors to mull together. This can be accomplished in two ways:

• Door and windows that are close together and have the same bottom elevation will automatically mull.
  • You can also select multiple doors and windows and manually mull them.

See this link for more information: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00525/creating-a-mulled-window-and-door-unit.html.

It is often hard to know exactly what is wrong from an image. It is helpful when you post a simplified version of the plan along with an image. Specifically, along with the casing not joining, the room molding is cut too short. I tried to figure out why, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

Also FYI

image.thumb.png.076069d15278804730308b85550e5f49.png

The only problem that usually occurs with this situation (here is a doorway mulled with a pass through) is that the sill cuts into the finished floor.  There are some ways to fix this including using solids, floor material regions, etc.

1 minute ago, tbattistessa said:

@jacobb

It will not allow me to mull them??

image.thumb.png.43c3285d94efed600919213d0af86074.png

They are too close together or overlapping.  pull them away from each other then bump them together either with the mouse or arrow keys.

3 minutes ago, rgardner said:

image.thumb.png.076069d15278804730308b85550e5f49.png

The only problem that usually occurs with this situation (here is a doorway mulled with a pass through) is that the sill cuts into the finished floor.  There are some ways to fix this including using solids, floor material regions, etc.

image.thumb.png.49e446959976793ae71dad033c3ba081.pngUsing a floor material region set to cut existing finish layer set to same material and extended through rooms.