Using Style Palettes

Efflorescence

I'm using Style Palettes to show my clients different finish concepts for their project.

In rooms where there are vaulted ceilings, though, Chief gives me attic walls, and when I try to apply a Style Palette, it doesn't change the wall finish on those walls.

I guess Chief doesn't consider those part of the room?

I've looked through the settings but don't see anything "unchecked" that would seem to apply.

Is this a limitation when using Style Palettes, or am I missing something? 

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Efflorescence said:

I'm using Style Palettes to show my clients different finish concepts for their project.

In rooms where there are vaulted ceilings, though, Chief gives me attic walls, and when I try to apply a Style Palette, it doesn't change the wall finish on those walls.

I guess Chief doesn't consider those part of the room?

I've looked through the settings but don't see anything "unchecked" that would seem to apply.

Is this a limitation when using Style Palettes, or am I missing something? 

Thanks!

You are correct. A probable solution is to make the walls around the room "ballon through ceiling above".

image.thumb.png.71b0dbe9b5a0376af4eccbab107272c6.png

8 minutes ago, robdyck said:

As you mentioned, the attic walls are not part of the room. And the style palette only affects the room.

Ack - I tried it and at first thought it worked like a charm, but now I'm not so sure. Will have to play with it some more tomorrow ... 

Stay tuned! ;)

17 hours ago, robdyck said:

You are correct. A probable solution is to make the walls around the room "ballon through ceiling above".

image.thumb.png.71b0dbe9b5a0376af4eccbab107272c6.png

When I modify those walls to "balloon through," this is what I wind up with. (pic below) 

These are all drywall partitions that I am applying a beadboard texture to in my Style Palette. The result now is that there are two finishes "fighting" with one another on those attic walls. I can see the beadboard extending full height, but then there's a plane of drywall that appears to partially obscure it ... (My apologies if I'm not using proper Chief terms. I'm sorta new here.) It's a condition you get in Sketchup, too, when you've got two different planes layered over the top of one another. But in Sketchup ... I just delete one of them. :)

Would I need to completely change wall types as part of my Style Palette, as opposed to just applying a finish texture of beadboard to a drywall partition? Just thinking out loud. I can certainly do that, but then why does the treatment work just fine on everything BELOW "ceiling height?"

I'll have to come back to this later in the day, but any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.1ab6f47e678bedcf37cf929db99c46d3.png