Calculating Total Time

ACAaron

I'm starting to track the time that I and my employees are spending on our drafting.  For a given projects, we'll typically have a working.plan file, an as-built.plan file, an 8.5x11.layout and a 24x36.layout.  As I've come to realize, the time tracker tracks the time in each of them separately.  So if I spend 2 hours on the as-built.plan; 4 hours on the working.plan and they are both sent to at 24x36.layout file which I spend 1 hour adjusting, I now have 7 hours of work, but it's split up amongst all the files.  Is there a way to link all of the time together so I can see the total time spent?

8 hours ago, ACAaron said:

Is there a way to link all of the time together so I can see the total time spent?

You should only need one time tracker for the aforementioned condition

If you are spending time in layout that is not covered by the tracking in plan then there are workflow improvements that should be implemented. Plan and layout will continue to track up to the timeout period you have established. Which means that there is overlap in layout tracking that should be covered in plan tracking(your quantifying overlapping hours)

If you started your proposed plan from your existing conditions plan then the proposed plan includes the tracking from the existing conditions. 
therefore, only one plan’s time tracking should be needed.