Siding cut away from rendering/elevation view

DuncanM

Hello Chief Community!

First time posting, been using Chief for about 4 years now, full-time.

I'm currently using Chief X13 and am having an issue with my siding, which is caused by alternating floor levels inside of a bedroom.  I have two closets which overhang a stairwell. One is at the floor level of the rest of the bedroom, and the other is 36" above the floor level of the bedroom (to provide adequate head height above the stairwell (see section screenshot below).

For some unknown reason, when I changed the floor height of that closet (which is 36" above the finished floor), I all of a sudden had a section of my siding cut away from the front elevation (screenshot attached).

Has anybody come across this issue before and figured out what is causing it? Also, I can't seem to upload my plan file because it exceeds the 14MB limit.

Thank you for your help!

Duncan

Screenshot 1.PNG

Screenshot 2.PNG

1 hour ago, DuncanM said:

For some unknown reason, when I changed the floor height of that closet (which is 36" above the finished floor), I all of a sudden had a section of my siding cut away from the front elevation (screenshot attached).

To raise the floor of that 1 room only, you will need a separate room on the floor below. This will mean using invisible walls to define a room in the same location on floor 1. The simplest way is to copy this wall (see image), then paste-in-place on floor 1 and set to invisible. Check floor heights are as you'd like and everything should work out as expected.

image.thumb.png.e0ae1fd9990b63518d844a2651201519.png

3 minutes ago, robdyck said:

To raise the floor of that 1 room only, you will need a separate room on the floor below. This will mean using invisible walls to define a room in the same location on floor 1. The simplest way is to copy this wall (see image), then paste-in-place on floor 1 and set to invisible. Check floor heights are as you'd like and everything should work out as expected.

image.thumb.png.e0ae1fd9990b63518d844a2651201519.png

Thank you Rob!  Got it sorted now.

Thanks

Duncan