Gable trim board

Markenbach

Hey all. Sorry to bug you all with another seemingly simple problem, but I've watched so many tutorials that seem to skip over what this thing is and how to get it to show up.

image.png.9eea0ae3affe09af049a2da70808db4d.png

I figured out how to make a hip band from the tutorial, but this doesn't seem to be that.

The board below the roof line and across the gable seems to be an automatic feature that I cant figure out.

So any help on what this feature is called and how to turn it on would be great. please and thank you!

It's not automatic , you could use a Exterior Room Moulding Polyline if it goes around the whole home ( ie is the Frieze under soffits too.) 

(same way you'd do the Band / Watertable down lower in the Pic.)

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00070/adding-a-belly-band-to-a-structure.html

Or a Molding Line

or a Polyline Solid

both Drawn in Elevation

• Like 1

Thank you! I will give this a shot. 

I've been tasked with mocking up a victorian style house and its got me in the deep end. Those things just have all the bells and whistles, architecturally speaking.

Previously, when I tried to put the belly line on, the line started and stopped in very weird places. I may have to just start over to get cleaner geometry (CA tends to do weird things when you do too much back and forth wall editing.)

anyway, thanks for the advice.

3 hours ago, Markenbach said:

Previously, when I tried to put the belly line on, the line started and stopped in very weird places

The Line should be continuous around the Home , Chief does however try to "guess" where it should turnoff the Band eg. at Doors, Windows, Decks etc and doesn't always get it right , so you will likely need to turn the molding back on in some sections, Chief thought should be off.

With the Molding Line selected just select the small edit handle between the break Nodes and the 2nd or 3rd icon (?) from last on your edit Toolbar should let you turn the Molding Profile back on for that Section.

Mick.

• Like 1