missing toolbars - no backup file error message

Cristian-CDD

I've lost all my toolbars or the ability to reset them. I am working on X4. I look through the Chief Data folder and the toolbar file is there but somehow it's not able to reset the toolbars.

Does anybody have any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Cristian

Chief Architect Premier X4

build 14.3.2.2. x64

toolbars chief.JPG

Edited by Cristian-CDD

I have now tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chief, plus rebooting the computer. The toolbars are still missing when I open any plan and I still get the "no backup file" error message when I try to reset the toolbars.

Does this mean that re-installing is not a complete clean install, in spite of having uninstalled the program first?

Since toolbars are customizable, we don't remove them when you uninstall/reinstall.  

If you would like to have the program use the factory installed toolbar files, you might want to try renaming the "Toolbars" folder in your user data folder.  When you start the program, it should automatically copy the installed toolbars into this folder.

If this does not solve your problem, then you may want to contact technical support.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Dermont.

I think I did something similar in a less efficient way. I uninstalled the program using the windows uninstall program and then I moved all the chief folders onto another folder. After that I did a clean install and all the default toolbars came back.

I'll try your suggestion next time.

Cristian