Total Members
    Most Online
    nr9231
    Newest Member
    nr9231

• By Ange822
      Hi there,

I am using Chief Architect X9

I can't seem to find a sidelite that is "half lite" only 3/4 lites or full lites.
      I'm wondering if theirs a way to customize an object to make the glass smaller?
      I have attached an image - this is the closest I could find. I tried looking on the 3D warehouse but had no luck.
      (Using the Simpson Door Company - Arlington Sidelight)

Also - does anyone know if on the elevation view you can get rid of the door operation indicators only on the sidelites?

thanks in advanced.
      Angela 

• By YoderW
      Is there any way to create a small gap or offset between the door and casing? Like a real door would have, to leave just a tiny bit of room for the hinges. Specifically for open interior doors. I've made a door hinge symbol I'd like to use, and I assume I'd have to make a different one for various swing angles, but I'm not seeing any obvious way to create that small gap. By default, Chief's doors just meet the casing at the corner completely, leaving no room. I could force the hinges in there, but they would clip through the door and casing and look less realistic. 

I'd also like to add a strike plate to the casing and latch to the door, but short of placing the symbols myself that doesn't seem very plausible right now. Maybe a suggestion for a future version of Chief.
    • By No1ZZTopfan
      Look very close and tell me if you can find the hidden bi-fold door. I'll post where its at in a few days. :-)

• By stevenyhof
      I have downloaded the three garage door catalogs from the Library, and non of them have a standard wide paneled garage door. They also do not have a wide paneled 8' high door (5 panels high)

What they have is 5 panel high flush doors - so this can be stretched - cool
      But there are no standard paneled, wide (16' and 18') 4 or 5 high garage doors.
      Does someone have access to such doors? 

The long panel door comes in both 4 panel wide and 2 panel wide - very good.
      The door with the 4 panels across come should also come with 8 panels for wider doors.

Am I missing it somewhere? It's like the most common door used from Menards and Lowes. Starter doors.
      Thank you

• By elijahkay
      Is there a currently available way to apply a separate color and line type to the swing of the Swinging Door object?