What is this type of roof called and how do I build it?


Recommended Posts

First, is there a technical name for this type of shed roof that is split and then has a row of windows?


I want to build my barn/workshop with this type of roof, BUT I will not have a bearing wall under those windows.  My garage door will be on the side where the single window is right now.


I know that it would be built by putting in a truss with a ledger to attach the lower rafters, but I'm not sure how to get Chief to do that.


Does anyone have a sample plan that is this kind of roof that I could sing along to?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, that's a pretty decent little tutorial and it got me a lot farther than before. 

It's builds a ledger and the wall above, no truss or header though, so I've got to keep tinkering.


barn framing.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    Newest Member