Residential Custom Home in Maryland looking for Architect

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the reply. I am old fashion in that I'd like to have a face to face meeting and therefore am looking to find an Architect in my local area that utilizes Chief Architect software to make file sharing seamless.

Regards,

Chuck B.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the reply. I am old fashion in that I'd like to have a face to face meeting and therefore am looking to find an Architect in my local area that utilizes Chief Architect software to make file sharing seamless.

Regards,

Chuck B.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Paul_A
    Newest Member
    Paul_A

• By Pav-Arch
      We're hiring for a Full-Time Architectural position for residential remodeling & new construction using Chief Architect in Downton Chicago & surrounding Chicagoland Suburbs. It's still difficult to find people with Chief Architect experience; so I thought this forum may be a good place to look. See job posting link below:

https://www.indeed.com/job/architect-residentialdrafting-design-39fd1d37e5b4fefb
      Job details
      Salary $50,000 - $70,000 a year Job Type Full-time   Full Job Description
      Looking for immediate architectural assistance with drafting architectural plans for obtaining building permits on primarily residential remodeling and new-construction projects throughout the City of Chicago and surrounding Chicagoland.
      Drawings will be developed using the Chief Architect Software.

Job Duties will include:
      - Taking field measurements and photographs of existing conditions
      - Drafting & development of existing, demolition, and proposed floor plans using Chief Architect
      - Drafting & Development of Exterior and Interior Elevations
      - Basic level drafting and design for Structural and MEP Systems
      - Updating drawings from redlines provided by Lead Architect's Review

Requirements for Qualified Candidates:
      - Verifiable Experience using the Chief Architect software & ability to provide samples of work using the program.
      - 2+ years experience with residential remodeling/construction in a professional setting.
      - Ability to visit project sites in-person to perform field measures for existing conditions.
      - General knowledge/understanding of local building codes
      - Organized, reliable, detail orientated, and good communication skills
      - Ability to commit to deadlines

Preferred Attributes for Candidates:
      - Experience using the Chief Architect software in a professional setting.
      - Completed college degree in Architecture
      - Completion of formal Chief Architect training program
      This position provides a flexible work environment allowing you to have flexible hours, the future potential to work remotely (with the exception of site visits) and also has a lot of room for potential growth within the company!
      This position will qualify to provide AXP hours to be used towards Licensing through the NCARB program.

Please provide a copy of your resume, contact phone number, email address, and samples of work.

Job Type: Full-time
      Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year

Benefits:
      401(k) Flexible schedule Paid time off  
      Supplemental Pay:
      Bonus pay Commission pay  

Education:
      Bachelor's (Preferred)  
      Experience:
      Residential Architecture: 2+ years Chief Architect: 1+ year (Preferred)  
      Please email: info@pav-arch.com with your resume and work samples if you are interested in the position.

• By Alaskachris
      I am looking for someone to draft a complete set of plans for my small 1 1/2 story house. I have Chief Architect Home Designer Pro and the plans are already drawn up. The only thing that needs a little help is the roof (11/12 pitch) with a dormer (6/12 pitch). I'll need elevation plans, floor plan, foundation plan, floor framing plan, roof framing plan, wall cross-section, electrical plans that I've already done. I can't attach the Chief Architect File because it's too big but these will give you an idea of the project. Could you quote me a price and timeline?

Warren Street Home fl. 2.pdf
      Warren Street Home.pdf
    • By greenedgecraig
      Established Green Building Design Company located in Central Colorado is looking for an architect or designer to collaborate on green building design projects.  Seeking someone who is experienced and passionate about green building principles and practices and proficient with Chief Architect, preferably X12.  Specific needs include construction documents and design collaboration.  This would be a part-time hourly contract arrangement as needed, but could grow into a longer term collaboration.   Green Edge Design is a growing design firm, located in Salida, Colorado.  We specialize in small footprint custom passive solar design, alternative wall systems, and high performance building design.  We do not design trophy homes or track homes.  Our work is regional, so collaborator does not have to currently live in Colorado, but having experience in the intermountain region and the 4 corner states is preferable.  

If interested, please reply here or send your resume to craig@greenedgedesign.com.  Please visit our website:  greenedgedesign.com for more information about what we do.  

Thank you!  
    • By ChiefSmi
      Hello, 
      My name is Jared Smith, I just started studying “Product development and Innovation” at SDU in Odense, Denmark.
      Me and my group has been assigned a semester project, which consists of us redesigning an Architects lamp. 
      We’ve been handed a lamp and it is our task to come up with a new design and new features to add to the lamp.
      For us to understand the market we’re reaching out to several architects around the world, to get a picture of, what opinions and ideas are required to create a good working space. 
      My question for you now is, what requirement does a lamp have to fulfil to optimize working on projects? Which lighting is good and does the design matter? We appreciate any ideas, suggestions and/or opinions.
      We hope you could find time, to help and we’re looking forward to hearing from you. 
      Kind regards, Jared Smith 
    • By DCB123
      I am an experienced Chief Architect Designer of (7) years now. I have completed several large scale, high end custom residential home projects, here in SW Florida. I have samples of my work, and photorealistic renders, full walkthroughs animations all done in Lumion software. Pls, reach out to me, by phone, or the email listed below. I’de love to hear from you now. My rates are based upon the project, but, an idea of what I charge, is normally $50 per hour for my drafting and design time, this is somewhat negotiable, and can be addressed when we discuss your project together. Pls reach out to me to discuss your next project. Thx!

Email:
      douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      cell: (970)987-4476 msg/txt