Molding Polyline Not showing all the time

PMMully

I am using the Molding Polyline tool as you suggested to attach crown molding to some of the hood objects in the library that are not normal cabinets. When I place it in the plan, select the trim, etc., It seems that sometimes I can attach it to the edge, and others it just shows up on the floor. Not sure exactly what I did when I worked. In the plan, I am just tracing the edge, set the molding, is it tied to the actual library object maybe? I used the 1550 Style EE Hood 3 Panel.

I went back to the plan where I got it to work, I actually used a 3D polyline, set the molding, etc. I used the Arched Raised Panel Mantle Range Hood. I was able to draw it along the edge, set the molding, and it worked just fine. I simply can not get it to do the same thing on the other plan. Everything winds up on the floor :-)

I know this is something simple.

The one on the left is a test and illustrates that regardless of me tracing a straight line, it is winding up on the floor. I can see it in the plan view as an object, and I figured out that that it was actually under the cabinets, so I moved it out for illustrative purposes. The right shows a real kitchen I am in the middle of and notice the molding on the hood top. That one worked just fine, and it a 3d polyline. But for the life of me, I can not recreate what I did on the right into the left. I compared object properties, tried a molding polyline vs 3D, same result. @solverI was thinking about your tip here...image.thumb.png.ac047922efcde3af0b3522b3ac580b82.pngimage.thumb.png.a14fad483b922a3b4e4d932c286e7ba5.png

@solver As always your suggestions are solid. I am not exactly sure how I got the height right on the first drawing and could not figure it out anywhere else :-). I also did not realize your original video post had videos behind one another, so I missed the main show. I sort of got it now, but he is right, it can be a little bit "funny" but clearly super powerful.

Thanks again, we can put this one to bed.