Looking for Architect and structural engineer for work in N Dallas, TX

ChiefGregUser

Hi,

I have developed some plans in X12 premier for an 1800 ft^2 garage / workshop (~30'x647') that is attached to my existing house via a Porte-cochère.

I have submitted it to the HOA, showing both the existing house and the additional building and it has been accepted.

I created a plan of the original house and my vision of the additional new construction (garage/workshop).

I haven't added the framing/electrical/plumbing yet, but would possibly like to use some of the 'perfect wall' designs that I saw Matt Risinger presents on his build show.

Of course need to weight this against cost.

Also, I need to be able to pull permits with the plans that I receive.  Want to get an official sign off from the person who perfects these plans.

The city does not require a licensed architect, but I would like to have one anyways.  

Generally people use post tension slab on grade in my area.  If the person I engage is not a structural engineer, I may need to enlist a second person to do the foundation design.

The design is 1.5 stories.

Thanks,

Greg Baty

The architect / engineer can work remote, but I am not sure if I need a physical engineering stamp.

Just need someone who is licensed to work in Texas.

I can do the leg work of delivering the plans to the city.  Supervising the construction / contractors.