two questions......

winterdd

hey guys, happy new year!

1) i will be downloading X12 from X11 tonight to catch the sale price. I currently have several projects going in X11. Are there any precautions to take? I have asked this before but want to double check again to avoid any loss of work.

2) i put alot of time on a project that i finished this summer (about 40 hours). The owner came back in november and wanted to change alot and add a bonus room. I want to check the exact hours from the time log from 11/23/20-12/30/20. when i do the start/finish date in the log it spits out 888 hours lol. how do we use this feature properly?

2 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

2) i put alot of time on a project that i finished this summer (about 40 hours). The owner came back in november and wanted to change alot and add a bonus room. I want to check the exact hours from the time log from 11/23/20-12/30/20. when i do the start/finish date in the log it spits out 888 hours lol. how do we use this feature properly?

The Time Log is a little tricky to work with if you're trying to pull out totals for a specific subset of entries.  There are a few options that come to mind though...

1. Delete all entries you want excluded from your calculations, get the total you need, and then hit Cancel.
  2. Copy and paste values to a spread sheet.  It's not apparent on the surface, but you can select any given cell and hit Control+C (Copy) and then paste that value elsewhere.  Using Contorl+C (Copy), Contorl+V (Paste), Alt+Tab (to switch between programs), and the arrow keys (to move cells), you can make pretty quick work of copy and pasting values.
  3. Export the whole Time Log and Import into a Spreadsheet to work with it there.  I posted a free starter kit that you can use to make quicker work of this here...

6 hours ago, solver said:

You can have X11 and X12 installed and use either one.

Generally, people have no issue bringing plans forward after an upgrade.

10-4......all i needed to know. may just keep X11 installed for these projects until im done. apparently the software isn't what takes up space, it's the plan files and archives.

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

The Time Log is a little tricky to work with if you're trying to pull out totals for a specific subset of entries.  There are a few options that come to mind though...

1. Delete all entries you want excluded from your calculations, get the total you need, and then hit Cancel.
  2. Copy and paste values to a spread sheet.  It's not apparent on the surface, but you can select any given cell and hit Control+C (Copy) and then paste that value elsewhere.  Using Contorl+C (Copy), Contorl+V (Paste), Alt+Tab (to switch between programs), and the arrow keys (to move cells), you can make pretty quick work of copy and pasting values.
  3. Export the whole Time Log and Import into a Spreadsheet to work with it there.  I posted a free starter kit that you can use to make quicker work of this here...

cool, thanks

#1 works great lol