Placing appliance into cabinet to show on camera view

KerryU

I am placing a wine cooler inside of a cabinet.  In the plan view it shows the wine cooler inside of cabinet.  When I look at camera view it shows the wine cooler forward, outside of the cabinet.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?  I've checked dimensions and believe I have given amply interior dimensions.  I have the same problem with main refrigerator. I have been able to successfully place dishwasher and coffee machine into a cabinet.  Please advise!

23 minutes ago, KerryU said:

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? 

It's not you, it's the symbol.

Place symbol loose in plan, Open symbol, change the Y origin, add to library, replace the one in the cabinet.

image.thumb.png.6f0efe8a57ae29ccb05ea285f37217b1.png

image.thumb.png.257d6c1a2d1ccdf37c28a44d5abaa2c7.png

FWIW- I almost never place fridges or dishwashers into cabinet. I always either place the appliance in plan and move to the cabinetry OR in some cases (dishwashers) I hack the appliance symbol down to just the door, convert that to a cabinet door symbol which I use on a cabinet. I do that on dishwashers so I can get a counter. Keeping the appliance separate makes labels, dimensions,and schedules easier IMO and allows better adjustment of the appliance which is often needed for accuracy

• Like 1