Sign in to follow this  
HibjurOnline

How to create roof over a room without walls but with only beam/pillars

Hey All, :)
Please help me to create roof over a floor without walls but with only beam/pillars. I want it to be open terrace but covered from above.
Thanks!

Posted (edited)

@HibjurOnline Railing wall with "post to beam" checked as style. Use whatever "pillar" symbol you want for the newels. Set the room formed by the railing walls as "open below" if you don't want a floor. The roof will auto-build based on the roof parameters you set in the wall dialog boxes.

Edited by Ridge_Runner
additional info

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefProBrian
    Newest Member
    ChiefProBrian

• By Designer100
      I would appreciate any help working out this rear existing roof where we area adding a new cath gable closed in veranda gable. the btm of interior gable ceiling it 11'8" . Exist. evar hight up is 11'8" ht. we are tearing off old covered sloped 6x6 with plastic over it and adding this new gable roof. I cannot seem to get it worked out. See attached exist. pics. 
      Newell 
      Premier 12 x 
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com
      Foxland chase st.Sugarlan Porch roof 10.06.2020.plan
      Foxland chase st.Sugarlan Porch roof 10.06.2020.zip

• By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      I have a soffit that just wants to be angled. I auto created the roofs and this happened. So I deleted that part and made my own - same thing. So I mirrored the rear roof at 45 into place - same thing. I have included the plan - anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

SND1833 Norm Jones Residence.plan
    • By OnlineBuilder2
      Is there a quick way to do this roofline? I tried putting another level above but its not working. I've done this years ago but can't get it now