Cabinet Mtls Changes Don't All Report To The Library

CJSpud

I opened up an X6 Premier OTB template plan which has the default cabinet materials defined as Color - Snow White.  I placed a base cabinet in the new plan ... all Snow White as expected.  Next, I opened the cabinet dbx and changed all the materials of the cabinet to different Alder materials except the door panel which I left at Snow White.  Then, with the cabinet selected, I added it to the library.  In looking at the 3D graphic in the library window, the cabinet door frame did not retain the material change I had made ... it displays as the default Snow White material.  Out of curiosity, I went back and changed the color of the door panel and then added the cabinet to the library.  Again, the default Snow White color shows in the library 3D window, not my new color.

I don't know what it is about the cabinet door that doesn't allow the material changes to report to the library, but I have sent the plan in to TS to see what they have to say about this.  I don't recall this being reported before ... maybe it has and I missed it.  IMO, anytime we want to change the properties of an object such as a cabinet and add it to the library for future use with the new properties, the library copy should retain all those changes so they don't have to be edited a 2nd time to get them right.

post-191-0-69276100-1415291059_thumb.jpg          post-191-0-17006800-1415291092_thumb.jpg

Here's the plan file in the event anyone wants to have a look at it.

Out of curiosity, I changed the drawer from a slab to framed thinking there would be two different materials for the drawer frame and the drawer panel, but Chief treats the two as only one material.  Why can't we have separate material definitions for drawer frames and drawer panels?  As with the door frames and door panels, I think we should have the same options for drawers as well.

CabMaterials.zip