stevenyhof

Angled "Cheek Walls"

I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"

Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".

See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.

Any thoughts?
org.thumb.jpg.d2ec6b4aa894edd6677ce32ce2615f76.jpg2.thumb.jpg.ce50200132052e1f1dbbd459e85ea577.jpg

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

video.jpg

That was too easy! It didn't work right last time, but I pulled the wall back past the roof opening - that was the key

worked.jpg

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mhdjawwad
    Newest Member
    mhdjawwad

• By stevenyhof
      I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when I set the defaults for the roofs to auto build roof framing, it works after I set it for the following roofs I build. But when I open the plan again to work on, I need to set this default back on. ??? 

• By stevenyhof
      I have downloaded the three garage door catalogs from the Library, and non of them have a standard wide paneled garage door. They also do not have a wide paneled 8' high door (5 panels high)

What they have is 5 panel high flush doors - so this can be stretched - cool
      But there are no standard paneled, wide (16' and 18') 4 or 5 high garage doors.
      Does someone have access to such doors? 

The long panel door comes in both 4 panel wide and 2 panel wide - very good.
      The door with the 4 panels across come should also come with 8 panels for wider doors.

Am I missing it somewhere? It's like the most common door used from Menards and Lowes. Starter doors.
      Thank you

• By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      I have been learning a lot about building porches, both manually and using Railings.
      I used a Room Divider to make the concrete pad. Then a molding profile to add 4" around it. 
      I made a 1x1 sq profile and made my beam, and added in my columns.
      I built several porches trying different roofs, but end up with no gable end wall. 
      I tried added an exterior wall and making it an attic wall, which added some frieze boards, but the wall just covered my porch from concrete up.
      Not finding much on videos for porches.
      Thank you

• By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      Is there a setting to add a kick board? This seems like a simple check box option but I cannot find it.
      I added a molding which works.
      Thoughts?
      Thank you,
      Steve

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .