Changes to Files between Close and Open

KTKArch

Anyone else experiencing strange things happening to their files "while they are closed". 

Twice that I know of now and in as many days, I have reopened a properly closed file to find significant changes happened to my file. The last things that I placed are still there, but other things have changed causing even more things to disappear. This morning's revolve around wall types changing.

(Arrows) Level 1 walls of a specific type were replaced by 'attic' walls that are of the '8" Concrete Foundation' type from Level 0 - or with original wall type. The correct wall type, a new one I created just yesterday, is still in the system and not all of them were changed (see circled 'green filled' walls).

Because the wall type and 'attic' change occured, the corresponding rooms were lost and any doors or windows in those walls are also gone. As are any associated dimensions.

This also really messed up the as-built file that spawned todays Scheme 1 file. It was my only record of indoor measurements taken on-site (the first time this happened and first time I used X12 for as-built). To that end I will be printing pdf files of plans as soon as I am 'done' with as-built measurements and may consider doing as-builts in earlier versions.

No one else has access to these files.

X12 file from the start.

Happened on two different PCs to the 'same' file. Second one was a Save-As of the first.

Both times to some of the last items adjusted and typically surrounding wall types or locations.

Note: in as-builts many things are adjusted vs newly drawn so the first time there were significant changes.

Not just happening to 'new' wall types.

I'm presuming it has to be something in how X12 stores or refreshes the wall types upon closing or opening.

I will be opening a technical problem report.

X12 Errors.jpg

I have a problem with materials disappearing.  it just happened today with my kitchen cabinet color - I had them a paint color from one of the manufacturer's catalogs yesterday and today they have a completely different file name that does not exist in my plan or library. (The material says Texture Missing but, mysteriously, the color hasn't changed in camera view.)  i had hoped that upgrading to X12 from HD Pro2020 would fix this issue.  I always save my files before closing so this isn't an issue of me just being careless because I am super paranoid about losing work done.