I am using Chief Architect Premier X9
My defaults seemed to have changed so that when I select a window - it is now showing temporary dimensions of the window casing / center of window / trim. (see attached screen shots)
How do I change this to only show the window opening to wall stud?
thanks in advanced!
Is there a time effective way to do drywall returns? The attached image is the look I am going for, which I had to do with polyline solids. I have tried all the solutions in this forum. https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/23244-q-window-how-to-do-a-sheetrock-return/?_fromLogin=CA2&_processLogin=11&csrfKey=e715967502c760b691e12966cba733f8&ref=&code=CSFNSc4fApHaoLJkMIIN_zkZ
1. I am not interested in workarounds (polyline solids, molding profiles, window treatments)
2. Simply turning off the frame has the fir framing exposed. See second image. I do not want to create new wall types that are solid drywall.
3. I would be happy if you could paint the frame the drywall color, but it seems Chief does not have the capability to separate the frame from the sash.
I would think that this is a very common detail, and it would be a huge oversight for all the various industries using this program to not have drywall returns. Thank you all for your time.
is it possible to create windows with drywall returns and a wood sill. When I create a window I choose these options.
1. no interior casing
2. use interior sill , cap #1, inset 3" extend 0, no apron, no wrap
3. uncheck, "has frame"
the sill disappears into the drywall return at the base of the window.
untitled 1 is an image from my chief of a window I was working on,
picture of window with sill is a quick google images search of drywall return with wood sill. My customer wants something like that without the dog-ears and the extension.
Does anyone know ho fix issues I have on this commercial remodeling addition?
1) Windows and bar cabinets are not against the wall!
2) wall is not showing on full camera looking back toward where it attaches to the existing building. Wall existing is brick on inside, unless I decide to cover it with gypsum bd!
3) I have a 10 ft. plate with 9 ft dropped ceiling 2 ft x 4 ft acoustic tile in new addition.