Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ino-DEC
    Newest Member
    Ino-DEC

• By DaveRu
      I have a Chief Architect model of an 8-unit apartment building that we're building.   We need to generate a plumbing plan for approval by King County Washington.   Does anyone have the ability to generate a 3D plumbing plan from Chief?
      Thanks,
      Dave
    • By PvdPol
      Dear all,

I'm new to the forums and i've tried to find my way in the already existing topics, such as
      - https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/sysreq.html
      - https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/21934-hardware-recommendations/?tab=comments#comment-179153

I could not find an answer yet, hopefully some of you can help me out.
      I am currently struggling with Chief Architect Premier, ray traces are really slow at 1080P (1 pass takes like 15-30 min)
      Also working for in PBR is making my system really really slow and it is getting frustrating.
      My model is not complex and I think I need an hardware upgrade.

Current machine (Notebook - April 2014)
      X•BOOK 15CL56 NVIDIA GTX770m 3GB, Full HD (+/- 20000 3DMARK) Intel® CoreTM i7-4710MQ (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz) - 47Watt (Quadcore) 16GB DDR3L (1600MHz)
        New system specifications (not bought yet)
      AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Boxed MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D30AESB  (32GB Ram) Intel 660p 1TB Solidstate drive Graphic card? Nvidia? Any Advice?  
      I think the 32 GB of memory is already an overkill, not sure if this is needed.
      But I'm mostly wondering regarding the choice of CPU and Graphics card

Is this a good setup? What kind of performance improvements can I expect? What would be your advice?

Thank you!

Regards,
      Peter

• By ChiefArchitect
      From the doorway of the front bedroom there is easy bathroom access and even space for a built-in bookcase in the hall between.
      To create the interesting shadowing effect in renderings like these, we ensure that a Sun Angle is defined, and check our Lighting Sets for different light sources.
    • By ChiefArchitect
      Blues, greys, warm woods, and accessories from bonus catalogs like Home Spa Accessories and Corbels and Brackets No.2 Shelving create a coastal feeling in this bathroom.
    • By ChiefArchitect
      Reproduction fixtures make creating an period inspired bathroom easy. Antiqued brass fittings, wainscotting, and a pedestal tub and sink, paired with Damask wallpaper by Bradbury & Bradbury speak beautifully to the Victorian style house.