Open to new work. I've been working remotely for clients for years and can easily navigate the issues that present themselves from remote work. I have plenty of references and videos demonstrating my various services. The following images are snippets from my site at www.RabbittDesign.net

image.thumb.png.c0cce73119b6c64de582b16ebe2c1626.pngimage.thumb.png.668a847b24828f6e0dc6a2405d30202d.pngimage.thumb.png.4cb5d77b1a370e9e7568f38a3d8834c2.pngimage.thumb.png.7c6a09b2dc809de4fd14c1970d1e6d91.png

I offer training-while-drafting services in Chief Architect as well as training in Sketchup, Thea Render, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Procreate.

I tend to cater to experienced designers and drafters in Chief Architect, many of which benefit from and are quite pleased with anno/layer sets, library items, toolbars, and a more cohesive folder structure and .plan and .layout files. 

A few hours of my service may cut hours off of every project you have going forward.

Feel free to check out my YouTube channel dedicated to all things drafting, designing, modeling and rendering in my signature below.

Take a look at some of my recent design work in the Gallery

Also, take a look at the extensive Free Content Thread and continued free content YouTube Series:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Amanla
    Newest Member
    Amanla

• By kylejmarsh
      So I have been looking to enhance my renderings a bit, and have been diving into some of the information about Blender rendering engine. It's really great, but also very complicated stuff and I think eventually I want to get good at Blender because there's just so much you can do with it - modify the meshes, add displacement/bump (battens/stones/etc). But after about a few hours or so I'm still only able to create something like this, which is not a real rendering but shows how powerful the texturing is in Blender - notice how I've added battens to the siding, ribs to the roofing, texture (incorrect texture, but this is just testing out the tool) to the stone:

OK so as a MAC user there really are only a few options for GPU rendering (the rest are CPU based, just like chief is on the mac). Well I have this sweet GPU so I want to put it to work for me. What other options do I have? Well a while back I downloaded the Unreal Engine and the Twinmotion app, but never really looked too hard at it.

Well, I should have.

This thing is awesome. You get textures, grasses, skylines, depth of field, normal/bump mapping (no true displacement like Blender, that's the only issue with it, but the bump mapping is pretty convincing) - you get people, etc etc etc. So here is the best rendering I could come up with in chief as far as normal mapping/bump mapping to show some texture on the board+batten siding, some stone texture, etc. and to render it in a nice lighting:

I'm finding the chief materials to be a bit hard to work, but if you get the normal maps and bump maps in there they can be pretty convincing too. OK so not bad for chief above. But with about an hour of 'learning' the program and exporting to collada + importing into Twinmotion, and messing with the cameras etc. I was able to come up with this:

Soft shadows, materias masking, and a lot more. I chunked some of their included plants in there and they look good and cast realistic shadows too. Battens look pretty good. Woodgrain has some texture on the columns.... look close at the stone though, the normal maps are inverted in twinmotion because they use a DirectX normal map with is somehow inverted from the OpenGL normal map.... so still some kinks to work out but I'd say it's pretty exciting.

So nothing really to ask but just wanted to share this with everybody - so far my experience using TwinMotion gives me hope for using it in the future. There is currently a trial license you can use unlimited (?) while you try it out.

Anybody else using twinmotion? Got tips, materials, example renderings, etc?
    • By SNestor
      New to Chief? Need some training? 

I offer 1:1 Chief Architect Premier Training...learn more about it on my website WWW.MYCHIEFSKILLS.COM

• By robertmahh
      American Heritage Homes is a locally owned, custom home builder with over 25 years experience building in the Central Ohio area. We are currently seeking an experienced, high-energy Drafting professional to join our team. 

We are not seeking remote services or contract services at this time - so only those that can work in and around Central Ohio need reply.

The Drafter/Designer creates working drawings for construction of new custom homes, as well as creates specific details for specialty items such as fireplaces, kitchens, bathrooms, and exteriors.

The Drafter/Designer must utilize strong communication skills and attention to detail while working with the Operations team to incorporate all details from the contract and customer selections into construction drawings.
      Successful candidates will have prior experience with Chief Architect software and residential construction / blueprint creation. Strong organizational and people skills, and sound knowledge of home building are a must.
      If you meet these requirements, and you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
      This position offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical/dental, retirement benefits with a company match, and much more!

We build homes for our customers on land that they own. We don't build spec homes for sale. Every home, every customer, and every lot is different and very unique.

http://myamericanheritagehome.com
    • By Artisan_TH
      I sell Structural Insulated Panels and often need to create a schematic to obtain a package price.
      Many times the client wants to move forward and I do not have the time to take the design to a permit set. Most are simple designs.
      I work in the Pacific Northwest so I need someone who is familiar with the energy codes and permit requirements in Or and WA
      Example bellow