3D scanning

EricsDesigns

Hello all,

I am trying to see if anybody here has had experience with 3D scanners to help with the import of as builts into chief. We do a lot of condo remodels and I spend a lot of time gathering measurements and taking pictures so I can generate the chief file. 

https://canvas.io/ looks interesting but you have to pay to import to cad. It could get expensive for multiple room scans. 

Has anyone played with this or have any recommendations for a similar product, one that is not super expensive either? Or is the tech not there yet?

thanks

Eric Ernisse

Coastal View Construction LLC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricsDesigns said:

Hello all,

I am trying to see if anybody here has had experience with 3D scanners to help with the import of as builts into chief. We do a lot of condo remodels and I spend a lot of time gathering measurements and taking pictures so I can generate the chief file. 

https://canvas.io/ looks interesting but you have to pay to import to cad. It could get expensive for multiple room scans. 

Has anyone played with this or have any recommendations for a similar product, one that is not super expensive either? Or is the tech not there yet?

thanks

Eric Ernisse

Coastal View Construction LLC

Welcome to the forum. It would be helpful if you'd update your signature and include what Version of Chief you're currently using. Assuming you are using CA software.  You can open your profile go to account settings click on that and another menu will open with Signature select that and update.  If you plan on using the forum for help be sure to include your computer info too as that will also help the responders. 

Did you search the forum for 3D Scanners etc.?   Here is a link to a similar post see if there is anything there to help?