Sign in to follow this  
DREW3807

Auto Distribute Plants

When I create a garden bed and place any plant in there it auto distributes to the whole garden bed.    Can anyone tell me how I can just place an individual plant and not a bunch of identical plants covering the bed?

I opened Help and searched plants.

I imagine if you read about Garden Beds you will find your answer.

ct1.thumb.png.9476127da5ad6c1471796273db59269e.png

You will probably want to include which version of the software you are using because some of the suggestions below may not be in all products.

The easiest way to get what you want is to just place the plant outside of the garden bed and then drag it on top of it.  If you try to place a different plant on top of the garden bed the program assumes that you want to replace the current plant (which is why you should see the cursor change to the replace from library cursor).

A garden bed is really just a combination of a terrain feature and a distributed region.  You can also create your own terrain features without plants or create your own distributed regions with different plants.  For example if you are trying to create a garden bed with a mix of plants you may want to create a several distributed regions using the same shape but with different plants and distribution parameters.  Another thing that may help in some situations is that garden beds and distributed regions can be exploded.  When you explode a distributed region, the program will automatically place a copy of each of the objects into your plan.