Suspended Ceiling between 2 rooms

David-R

I am trying to draw suspended ceilings for my office area and having a problem with the suspended ceiling not starting a new grid alignment between some offices in 3D view.  I want each office to have it own ceiling grid layout so I don't end up with small edges and misaligned ceiling tile and lights.  It works between some rooms but not others.  Here is what I do...I use "Draw Line" to layout my ceiling pattern, then I place my recessed lights where I want them, I go into "Room Specifications" -> "Materials" -> "Ceiling Finish" and select "Square Ceiling Tile."  After all that, I go to camera view...I then use "Adjust Material Definition" and select the ceiling.  On the "Pattern" tab and the "Texture" tabs I change the "Horizontal Offset" and "Vertical Offset" to match the lights.  In some cases this works fine and other times the Horizontal Offset and the Vertical Offset don't stop and the interior walls and they adjust the ceiling on the other side of the wall (in the next office.)  I can't figure out what I am doing differently that causes it to work properly some times and not others.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, David-R

Remember that if you change the material definition to suit one room, all other rooms that use the same material definition will be affected. I recommend creating a separate material definition for each office area that will have a unique ceiling grid layout.

Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.  Your suggestion worked and I thank you for that.  I still don't understand why sometimes the Horizontal and Vertical Offsets stop at an interior wall and other times they continue to the neighboring room(s).  It will be a little more work but my final result will look great (thanks to you).

Have a great day,

Dave R