7 minutes ago, Sweeney said:

Hello all, 

Is there an easy way to separate interior and exterior doors into two different schedules?

Thank you in advance,

Austin 

Yes, take a look in your schedule DBX.:

Capture.thumb.PNG.c8346dbd0d2d574fd409409f2f85e0a5.PNG

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DrewHudd
    Newest Member
    DrewHudd

• By StructEng58
      Does anyone have the Andersen AEAHID6080 Entry Door for Chief?

Thank you in advance,

Chris Rood
    • By Ange822
      Hi there,

I am using Chief Architect X9

I can't seem to find a sidelite that is "half lite" only 3/4 lites or full lites.
      I'm wondering if theirs a way to customize an object to make the glass smaller?
      I have attached an image - this is the closest I could find. I tried looking on the 3D warehouse but had no luck.
      (Using the Simpson Door Company - Arlington Sidelight)

Also - does anyone know if on the elevation view you can get rid of the door operation indicators only on the sidelites?

thanks in advanced.
      Angela 

• By YoderW
      Is there any way to create a small gap or offset between the door and casing? Like a real door would have, to leave just a tiny bit of room for the hinges. Specifically for open interior doors. I've made a door hinge symbol I'd like to use, and I assume I'd have to make a different one for various swing angles, but I'm not seeing any obvious way to create that small gap. By default, Chief's doors just meet the casing at the corner completely, leaving no room. I could force the hinges in there, but they would clip through the door and casing and look less realistic. 

I'd also like to add a strike plate to the casing and latch to the door, but short of placing the symbols myself that doesn't seem very plausible right now. Maybe a suggestion for a future version of Chief.
    • By JamesKCI
      Hey All,

My company is in the process of making the switch from Autodesk Revit to Chief Arch (Version X12) and I have been spending my time trying to create a lot of commonly used design elements we use on our plans but I have run into a hiccup. I'm trying to create a small, inset-type staircase (attached image is what I've done in Revit in the past) that is typically used on our plans to go from grade-level sidewalk to the main floor elevation. In my attempts, stairs either fail to recognize the elements around them or if I create them like I would in Revit in creates this garbled configuration where the stairs are their own room and the footprint of the stairs themselves cut a hole through the roof.

Checking Forums, YouTube, and the Chief site have all yielded nothing and I in my limited knowledge cannot figure it out. What am I missing?

• By No1ZZTopfan
      Look very close and tell me if you can find the hidden bi-fold door. I'll post where its at in a few days. :-)