doitright

Object line change from plan to layout

I am working on a commercial plan and some objects I would like to appear with dashed outline on the reflected ceiling plan. It all looks like I want it in working plan view but when exported to the layout they come up as solid lines same as are on the floor plan. Is there a trick i am missing? Using X8

Thanks for any replies

In Layout, select the view you're having problems with;

Click on the Layer Set Options;

Select the same Layer Set as the one in plan view that looks correct. (that you thought you sent to Layout); 

That should fix it so you're seeing the same lines as the one in your plan view. 

Adam, thanks for your reply

In Layout I only have Default set as an option. I looked at setting up another layer set but I don't see a way to change individual items like mill-work objects.

When someone suggests posting the plan, they are asking for the plan file, not a picture of the plan.

And, please post images directly -- no need to make a PDF of an image. This makes it easier for others as an image shows in the forum.

And, please take a minute and complete your signature -- see this topic for a how to.

When I opened the Layer Set Options on the RCP in Layout, it shows Layer Set 38. It could be that each time you've sent to Layout you've made a copy of the Active Layout Set, rather than sending the Default Set. See graphic. 

Capture.JPG

You are right. I just always left it on default setting. Learning as I go.

Thanks for your help.