Creating a label to feet not inches for framing boards

GlennShaw

Hey guys, so here is my question:

I have been working with building the frame work in our houses and we need to place or macro on each board to tell our framers what size board is needed. When I go and click the board, I go to label and click the specify label and from there i click insert drop down to the last on the list. Then click on the length. I put in the size I need and click OK. Once I do that it says the length in inches and not feet and I need it to read feet. I have looked and researched everywhere to figure out how to change this but I have been unsuccessful in finding the solution. I even called Chief and they suggested I asked you guys. I do not know how to create a macro so if someone could help me with that too, I would be very grateful. I hope you can understand what I am saying for what I am asking for. 

Thank you for your help.

Label.jpg

9 hours ago, GlennShaw said:

Hey guys, so here is my question:

I have been working with building the frame work in our houses and we need to place or macro on each board to tell our framers what size board is needed. When I go and click the board, I go to label and click the specify label and from there i click insert drop down to the last on the list. Then click on the length. I put in the size I need and click OK. Once I do that it says the length in inches and not feet and I need it to read feet. I have looked and researched everywhere to figure out how to change this but I have been unsuccessful in finding the solution. I even called Chief and they suggested I asked you guys. I do not know how to create a macro so if someone could help me with that too, I would be very grateful. I hope you can understand what I am saying for what I am asking for. 

Thank you for your help.

Not sure I have ever seen anyone label every single joist length for the Framers , but if it was REALLY needed I would use a Framing Schedule and callouts instead (auto labels) and put a simple rounding macro in the Label of the Framing members and use the label column in the Schedule.( renamed to Length FT) 

Putting the macro in the label of the Framing members is fairly quick if you make a Layer Set to ONLY show Framing , you can then quickly marquee select the framing on each level and insert the macro from TMM, and it should popup in the Schedule in the New Length FT column.

( of course I am sure the Macro gurus around here would have a better solution :))

M.

image.thumb.png.68bd038dfd8331a862b533e3e79c4a41.png

image.thumb.png.7c745bbd8540d6307ea6b8f87326093f.png

image.thumb.png.3f4e08a0ab706f1736479769f1a8b5fc.png