decorators3

walls and rafters

I am trying to create  a rustic cabin .. I need to show the interior finish with open roof trusses and studded walls - No gyproc and no insulation.  photo sample attached

... trying to recreate a larger scale.  How do I go about this. is it in the defaults or preferences?

Thanks

insde view cropped.jpg

What you see is controlled by what you build, and what layers you have set to display.

Create a new wall type without drywall, build framing for the walls and make sure framing is set to display.

Thank you..I've been at this for over 2 hours..I tried changes to preferences under walls  .. opened walls and to change layers.. went to Build Framing.. I'm at a loss.. something so simple as building 4 cabins on a plot of land close to water with a rustic interior and can't seem to get it...  frustrated now --- cant seem to get it... You make it sound so simple and it obviously is.. ill keep trying 

6 minutes ago, decorators3 said:

changes to preferences

Preferences control how the program operates, not things in the model like walls.

1 hour ago, solver said:

Create a new wall type without drywall

Have you done this?

1 hour ago, solver said:

build framing

Have you built framing for walls and ceilings?

1 hour ago, solver said:

make sure framing is set to display

In your camera view, is framing set to display (it's normally not)?

I'm sorry I don't  even know where to look for framng display anymore.. I've read the tutorial guides from one page guiding me another page... . I give it u for today

Under wall types I went to Define and deleted the drywall  see image

I went to active display options and checked all display framing see image

but still cant see framing on camera view

active layer optios.JPG

removed drywall.JPG

camera view.JPG

Make sure you have built framing, and have this checked.

ct1.thumb.jpg.ab99fa37afe9b233eff211b60ba80fb9.jpg

WOW  thank you.  !!  I did it in my plan.. went to  wall types then define - deleted interior gyproc etc.....not sure about how to see roof trusses.YES I can  ---  see the roof trusses inside my buildings..  Thank your sooooooo much!!!!.